Thursday 2 January 2014

The Year of the Magic Pig


Not all those who wander are lost.
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Him:  Okay.  What age is Mister Wiggly?

Me:  I dunno.

Him:  Right.  Does he have any addictions?

Me:  Eh?

Him:  Y' know.  Cigars?

Me:  Is that how you plan characters?

Him:  I think it's a great way to start, it really lets you see the inner character.  What's he afraid of?

Me:  Falling?

Him:  Does he do much falling?

Me:  I think it needs to start with him falling.  I've worked that much out.

Him:  And then what happens?

Me:  Well, that's the moment he realises that he's actually properly magic.  And by 'magic', I mean 'a magician'.

Him:  Why doesn't he save himself with his magic?  Is it because he's just trying to light that final cigar?

Me:  That's his New Year's resolution.

Him:  And does he succeed?

Me:  It'll be brief if he doesn't.

Him:  How deep is his voice?  (Gruff Mobster) "Hey, kids.  I'm Mistah Wiggly da Magic Pig."

Me:  Less Foamasi, more...  Sir Maxwell House.

Him:  Won't that make him sound evil?

Me:  I was hoping for reassuring, warm, a bit received.  Maybe slightly brown...

Him:  A 'brown' voice?

Me:  A warm, brown voice.  Oh, who am I kidding?  It's got to be Tom Baker.

The Him nods.

Him:  I'm not giving you any more material, sorry.

Me:  Right, I'll get on with this then.


No comments: